The Marketing Podcast with John Jantsch
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I do a solo show on the 10 essential website elements every homepage should have.
What is the purpose of a website today? Your website has a lot of work to do—and that’s what makes it so challenging to decide what elements you should or shouldn’t include on your homepage. Ask yourself: Does your website build trust? Do you clearly state what you do and who you serve? Are there clear calls to action? The list of questions goes on. I believe there are 10 critical elements every small business must include on its website, and in this single episode, I’m breaking them down one by one.
Topics I cover:
- [5:04] Number 1 – Commit to solving your ideal customer’s biggest problem
- [7:02] Number 2 – Include clear calls to action
- [8:30] Number 3 – Be clear about who your business gets results for
- [10:02] Number 4 – Outline your main proposal
- [10:54] Number 5 – Clarify your process and what customers can expect
- [11:35] Number 6 – Characteristics of your team
- [12:31] Number 7 – Build credibility and trust
- [13:29] Number 8 – Include a video on your homepage
- [14:51] Number 9 – Use segmentation to personalize content offerings
- [16:33] Number 10 – offers several ways to contact you – including SMS or text messaging
- [17:37] Number 11 – Make sure your site is mobile optimized
Resources I mentioned:
Take a Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This Duct Tape Marketing Podcast episode is brought to you by HubSpot Podcast Network and SemRash.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals is the best education and inspiration for business growth.
Everyone is online, but are they finding your website? Get the online spotlight and attention of your customers with Semrush. From content and SEO to advertising and social media, Semrush is your one stop shop for online marketing. Create, manage and measure campaigns — across all channels — quickly and easily Are you ready to take your business to the next level? see you Get Semrush. Visit Semrush.com/go to try it free for 7 days.
7 Steps to Scaling Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me grow my business 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND