Marketing Podcast with Martha McSally
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Martha McSally. martha A striking example of overcoming adversity and fear to achieve extraordinary achievements. Losing her father at age 12 and surviving sexual abuse and assault, she persevered to become the 1st woman in US history to fly a fighter jet in combat and command a fighter squadron in combat. Martha deployed six times to the Middle East and Afghanistan, flying 325 combat hours in A-10 attack aircraft, earning the Bronze Star and six Air Medals. Martha is also a former United States Representative and former United States Senator from Arizona. He is the author of the book – Dare to Fly: Simple Lessons to Never Quit.
Finding the strength to carry on is one of life’s major obstacles. It’s something we often forget in the face of challenges, but it’s critical to our success. Every challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow, and through it we can discover our true potential. America’s first female combat jet pilot and Arizona Senator, Martha McSally, joins me in this episode to talk about how to clear your life’s runway: embrace fear, transform doubt, succeed when you expect to fail, and Get high
I ask Martha McSally:
- [1:59] Can you tell us why the warthog plane is such a bad plane?
- [4:05] How do you instruct someone how to fly an airplane with one seat?
- [6:17] What prompted you to join the Air Force?
- [8:27] There are many stories from your life in this book, but you wouldn’t call it a memoir, would you?
- [11:03] One of the lessons of the book is – don’t walk around with problems. Can you talk a little about the meaning of that?
- [13:44] Can you talk about your perspective on Wingman?
- [16:30] As someone who’s been the first to do more than not experience discrimination — can you talk about what you’ve learned from your experience with gender-based discrimination and what you want others to learn from your story?
- [20:32] If someone were to read your book or hear you speak, what would it take for you to take them away?
- [21:30] You inspire the audience and your book inspires the audience. Where do you find your inspiration these days?
- [22:48] Where can people connect with you and get a copy of your book?
More about Martha McSally:
More on agency workshops:
Take a Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.