Marketing Podcast with Rich Cohen
In this episode of Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Rich Cohen. Rich New York Times-bestselling author of several books on Tough Jews, Monsters, Suites, and Lowe’s. He is the co-producer of the HBO series Vinyl and a contributing editor of Rolling Stone. The rich have oneThe title of the book is The Adventures of Herbie Cohen: The World’s Greatest Negotiator.
Herbie Cohen is known for many things – the world’s greatest negotiator, contract maker, risk taker, president and corporation adviser, hostage and arms negotiator, educator and justice seeker, author of How-to-Business Classic You can discuss anything and of course, the father of the rich Cohen. In this episode, I talk to Rich Cohen about his recent book, which honors his dad, and the biggest lessons of his life he shared with him – The Adventures of Herbie Cohen: The Best Negotiator in the World.
The questions I ask Rich Cohen:
- [1:35] Your father was probably the author of ‘You Can Negotiate Anything’. Would you say why you are a writer?
- [2:19] You wrote about a lot of things – why are you writing about this now?
- [3:17] Some of the stories in the book were from the 50’s and 60’s – how did you collect these stories in such detail?
- [4:33] So were you a Dodgers fan then?
- [5:32] I’m going to land in a rabbit hole here – what’s your favorite baseball book?
- [6:30] Did you write for TV at all?
- [7:55] So who were his contemporaries in that space?
- [9:40] My audience is basically business owners and marketers. So what do you think is the commercial application of this book?
- [12:01] If someone came to you and asked you to list five or six keynote lessons, what would they be?
- [15:08] Would you say that you have one or two of your favorite stories that you’ve told them a hundred times and people still want to get back to them?
- [18:11] You mentioned Larry King many times, did he go to school with your dad?
- [21:02] Where can people connect with you and get a copy of your book?
More about Rich Cohen:
Take Marketing Evaluation:
Do you like this show? Click over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of Duct Tape Marketing Podcast brings you the Hubspot Podcast Network and Drip.
Hubspot Podcast Network Audio destination for business professionals who are looking for the best education and inspiration for growing a business.
Did you know that there is an automated marketing platform that is 100% designed for your online business? It’s called Drip, and it has all the data insights, segmentation intelligence, and email and SMS marketing tools you need to connect with customers on a human level, create sales bootloads, and increase happiness. Try a free drip for 14 days (no credit card required), and start earning emails and send SMS to Cha-ching.
7 steps to scale your advice practice without adding overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me improve my business 40% in last 12 months Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND