Marketing Podcast with Brad Feld
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Brad Feld. Brad has been an early stage investor and entrepreneur since 1987. He is also the author of several books including — Startup Board: A Field Guide to Building and Leading an Effective Board of Directors.
The first time many founders see the inside of a board room is when they step in to lead their board. But how does the board work? How should they be structured, managed and leveraged so that startups can grow, avoid pitfalls and get the best from their boards? In this episode, author, investor, and entrepreneur, Brad Feld, shares his advice and guidance with CEOs, board members, investors, and anyone interested in serving on a board about what it takes to build and lead an effective board of directors.
Questions I ask Brad Feld:
- [1:31] Why did you make a second version?
- [4:38] Can you talk a little about the research you did on the evolution of the board?
- [6:52] What mistakes do people make when building a board?
- [10:38] What point do you tell someone they need a board?
- [12:15] If you’re a startup company, are there things you need to have in place before creating a board?
- [13:45] If I’m asked to be on a board, what should I expect and vice versa, if I’m a founder, you know, what do I ultimately expect the board member to contribute?
- [16:30] How important is it for board members to like and respect each other?
- [18:46] Where can people find out about the startup board and the work you’re doing?
More about Brad Feld:
Take a Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by HubSpot Podcast Network and SemRash.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.
Everyone is online, but are they finding your website? Get the online spotlight and the attention of your customers with Semrush. From content and SEO to advertising and social media, Semrush is your one-stop-shop for online marketing. Create, manage and measure campaigns — across all channels — quickly and easily Are you ready to take your business to the next level? see you Get Semrush. Visit semrush.com/go to try it free for 7 days.