Marketing Podcast with Andrew Worden
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Andrew Worden. Andrew Hall CMO of Semrush – Anline visibility management SaaS platform used by millions of marketers worldwide including
An important component of growth is testing. Experimentation is the engine that drives innovation. It helps businesses implement and test ideas quickly so they can quickly learn and define failures and successes and pivot accordingly. In this episode, I talk to Andrew Worden, CMO of SemRush, about leading a mature organization and how experimentation helps drive its growth as an organization.
I ask Andrew Warden the question:
- [1:40] Setting the record straight on how to pronounce “Semrush”.
- [2:44] Semrush, what prepared you to take this job in a really mature organization?
- [4:52] As a CMO, given the DNA and all these company acronyms, do you sometimes feel the pull to do more SEO?
- [6:38] I want to talk a little bit more about your experimental process – do you have a process to say, you know, we’re going to throw these 10 things out there and this is how we’re going to measure them?
- [11:41] Today, Semrush offers more solutions than just an SEO tool – what’s the challenging part of redefining what people see your company as?
- [14:08] As a mature organization, how do you balance the need for branding with the need to acquire more users?
- [17:16] Do you have a small set of metrics that you rely on?
- [19:43] So imagine you’re talking to a group of CMOs in an audience today and someone says, what do you think is the biggest challenge for most CMOs today? What would be your answer?
- [22:44] Where can people learn more?
More about Andrew Worden:
More on agency certification intensive training:
Take a Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.