Marketing Podcast with Matt Briel
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Matt Briel. Matt is an entrepreneur and Vice President of Marketing & Communications at Lulu.com, as well as a self-diagnosed collaboration junkie. After leading sales and marketing teams in the media and publishing spaces for over 15 years, he has developed a unique passion for helping creators become more successful by using books as a catalyst for opportunity and sustainable revenue.
Writing a book can take your credibility, authority and your business to the next level – not only is it an amazing opportunity to share your knowledge, but it will also help raise awareness of yourself and what you have to offer. Matt Briel joins me in this episode and shares exactly how books can drive success for growing audiences, brands, reach, revenue and more.
Questions I ask Matt Brill:
- [1:29] Can you tell us the origin story of Lulu and how it came about?
- [2:25] Is self-publishing a more profitable way to publish today?
- [5:12] Why would anyone want to self-publish a book?
- [7:30] Would you say that self-publishing is seen as a differentiator for businesses?
- [11:42] What does it take to make a book?
- [18:49] What do you say to the person who doesn’t think they have time to write a book?
- [21:59] Where can people learn more about you and publish a book with Lulu?
Learn more about Matt Briel and Lulu:
Learn more about Agency Intensive Certification:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and Lulu.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.
Whether you have an established following or are just starting out, books are a great way for entrepreneurs and creators to establish credibility, grow an audience, and generate profits. From generating leads for your business to building a community of fans around your brand, a book can create many new growth opportunities for you! At Lulu, we have free tools for publishing and e-commerce plug-ins for turn-key, white-label fulfillment and book printing directly from your website. Visit us at publishforgrowth.com to learn how to start your first (or next!) book.