The Marketing Podcast with Melanie DeZiel
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Melanie Daziel. Melanie A keynote speaker, award-winning branded content creator and author of bothThe Content Fuel Framework: How to Generate Unlimited Story Ideas” and “Prove it: Exactly how modern marketers earn trust” Melanie is also the co-founder of The Convoy and GroupUps, B2B marketplaces that help small businesses save money so they can invest more in themselves and their communities.
You say your company is amazing. But why should your customers trust you? In a crowded consumer court full of shady advertisers claiming to be the best, the fastest, the most caring, your brand is literally on trial—and that means you better provide the proof. In this episode, Melanie DeZiel shares how to use content marketing to earn the trust of your customers today.
Questions I ask Melanie Dazeel:
- [2:25] How does trust fit into marketing?
- [3:37] Is there a price range where trust becomes the most important element?
- [5:51] Is there a direct correlation to the idea that if something is more trustworthy, people are willing to pay more?
- [6:51] Do those five words exude confidence?
- [7:55] What are the three types of content that work well as evidence?
- [14:44] Are there some simple ways brands are able to fit into this “evidence” category?
- [15:59] If you can’t show evidence, what are a couple of examples of claims that fit into the category that wouldn’t be useful?
- [18:53] What about throwaway claims?
- [19:58] How do start-ups walk the line of being able to show evidence without using a lot of existing evidence?
- [21:32] And that business is called Convoy. Where will people find that your group buys business
- [21:57] But where else do you want to invite people to connect with you?
More about Melanie DeZiel:
More on agency workshops:
Take a Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.