The Marketing Podcast with Dale Bertrand
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Dale Bertrand. Dell has been an SEO expert for Fortune 500 companies and venture-backed startups around the world for two decades. He speaks at industry conferences, leadership, corporate training events and serves as an entrepreneur in the Harvard Alumni Entrepreneurship Association.
Fundamentally, what Google is trying to do is help people find the right information — the answers to their questions. As technology and algorithms are constantly changing, the world of SEO as we know it is constantly evolving along with it.
In this episode, I talk to Dale Bertrand, a longtime SEO expert at Fortune 500 companies and venture-backed startups, about the evolution of SEO and where it stands today, the biggest changes happening, and what you need to do to build trust. , increase authority, and rank higher with Google today
Questions I ask Dale Bertrand:
- [2:01] What are some of the biggest changes in SEO that you are following?
- [4:56] Can you talk about something you wrote – the end of technical SEO?
- [5:43] Are things like keywords in your title, metadata, and your URL more important?
- [9:14] What is the value of backlinks today?
- [11:41] Do you see that it’s almost like three content chains?
- [15:36] People’s influences and desires haven’t changed, they’re just on a different journey. Would you say we just need to remember those principles and apply them to today’s technology?
- [18:04] How should companies go about finding and activating the right influencers?
- [19:15] On SEO-related sites, how valuable are signals on social media – meaning people linking to you on social platforms like Twitter?
- [20:41] Where can people find out about Fire & Spark and the work you do?
More about Dale Bertrand:
Take a Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and SemRash.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.
Running a small business means doing it all. You deserve an online marketing platform that does the same! Semrush is an all-in-one platform that will lighten the load. Handle SEO, social media and advertising all in one place. Attract new customers, save time and money on marketing and stay ahead of the competition. New to online marketing? No problem! Semrush will get you started. If you’re ready to grow online, try Semrush for free today at semrush.com/now.
7 Steps to Scaling Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me grow my business 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND