Marketing podcast with Paul Rotzer
In this episode of Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Paul Rotzer. Paul He is the founder and CEO of the Marketing AI Institute and the founder of HubSpot’s first partner company PR 20/20. He is the author of The Marketing Performance Blueprint (Wiley, 2014) and The Marketing Agency Blueprint (Wiley, 2012); And the creator of Marketing AI Conference (MAICON). As a speaker, Roetzer focuses on making AI accessible and effective for marketers and business leaders. He is the co-author of a new book launched in June 2022 – Marketing Artificial Intelligence: AI, Marketing and the Future of Business.
AI is a system that can perform tasks that normally require human intelligence. The idea and purpose behind this is to drive digital transformation, develop a company, do smart marketing, save time and money and create better output.
In this episode, I talked to Paul Reetzer, founder of the AI Institute of Marketing, about how AI is changing the game in marketing today and how to use AI in your marketing to be more efficient and effective in your organization.
I ask Paul Rotzer questions:
- [1:40] When someone asks you, “What is AI?” – What’s the simple answer?
- [2:47] Let’s start with the dystopian view. I’m sure you’ve always heard of AI taking over – where does that intersect with reality?
- [4:22] If your work is repetitive, would you say that someone in such a role might be looking for a replacement in the future?
- [5:18] How will AI affect the marketing profession?
- [7:21] What are some of the everyday uses of AI that people are feeling and probably don’t know?
- [10:07] Are the five things that every digital agency should dive into that give them some advantage of using AI?
- [11:54] This would be a great start if you see these as tools of skill alone, wouldn’t it?
- [12:25] Do you think that some companies are using AI really well in their marketing or activities?
- [13:39] What’s the hard part about using AI for non-enterprise level companies?
- [15:02] Will AI help you better serve your existing clients?
- [16:49] In what ways do you see changes in consumer behavior?
- [18:36] For example, where do you see AI being applied for a more personalized experience in places like email newsletters?
- [20:25] What would you say to a group of people who are going into marketing right now where they should pay attention?
- [21:56] Where are your favorite places to find AI tools?
- [23:15] Where can people connect with you and learn more about your work and your book?
More about Paul Rotzer:
Take Marketing Evaluation:
Like this show? Click over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of Duct Tape Marketing Podcast brings you the Hubspot Podcast Network and Drip.
Hubspot Podcast Network Audio destination for business professionals who are looking for the best education and inspiration for growing a business.
Did you know that there is an automated marketing platform that is 100% designed for your online business? It’s called Drip, and it has all the data insights, segmentation intelligence, and email and SMS marketing tools you need to connect with customers on a human level, create sales bootloads, and increase happiness. Try free drip for 14 days (no credit card required), and start earning emails and send SMS to Cha-ching.
7 steps to scale your advice practice without adding overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me improve my business 40% in last 12 months. Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND