The Marketing Podcast with Liz Lathan
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Liz Lathan. Lease ACCommunity Design Strategist, Community Enablement Architect and creator of Return on Emotion.
I ask Liz Lathan:
- [1:11] I read one of your recent LinkedIn posts and you said that community-first companies are growing 30% faster than product-first companies – what is a community-first company in your definition?
- [6:53] What are a couple examples of companies doing this really well?
- [8:44] What is a more relatable example or way that someone who is seen as too much of a conservative business can communicate this?
- [13:56] How do you orient someone to what their strategy should be when building a community?
- [15:20] What elements ignite a community when you’re trying to start one?
- [16:06] What are some ways you see people taking the literal concept of “show” and expanding it?
- [17:21] Sometimes people just jump to big trade shows or events when you talk about gatherings – but getting your customers together for lunch can be a really easy way, right?
- [20:02] Can you talk more about this idea of being a sounding board and how that differs from an advisory board or an actual board?
- [21:22] Where can people learn more about your work or connect with you?
More about Liz Lathan:
More on the first technique:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.