Marketing Podcast with Brett Martin
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jay Baer. J A customer experience and digital marketing pioneer, expert, consultant, researcher and analyst. Jay has written 6 best-selling books and founded 5, multi-million dollar companies. His very popular bi-monthly newsletter is at TheBaerFacts.com.
How fast is fast enough for today’s demanding consumers? Your customers are making decisions to buy from you today (and every day) based on how quickly (or not) you do. In this episode, I talk to Jay Baer, a customer experience and digital marketing expert about his latest study: Time To Win. This national study of more than 1,900 consumers dives deep into the important correlation between speed and customer satisfaction, loyalty, purchase trends and more.
Questions I ask Jay Baer:
- [2:01] What was the methodology of the Time to Win research study?
- [3:10] The main hypothesis here is that the faster you can respond the better?
- [4:11] So I call businesses today and I find myself giving them a pass because I know it’s hard to get help today – are you suggesting I’m out of this mindset?
- [5:01] How do you see the differences in your communication speed requirements with new prospects coming through lead gen and with existing customers?
- [7:18] Is there a specific response time number to which you must respond?
- [11:54] Which generation was the least patient generation?
- [12:59] The typical small business owner says they have too many channels to respond to clients, customers or prospects and it’s hard to keep up – who has time for all that?
- [14:23] Can you jump in and say you can charge more if you respond faster?
- [16:05] Do you run the risk of being turned off?
- [17:08] Does momentum fall into building trust?
- [19:19] What role does automatic speed play?
More about Jay Baer:
Take a Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.