The Marketing Podcast with Ben Congleton
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Ben Congleton. Ben is Chief Executive Olark (CEO) and co-founder of Olark Live Chat. Over the past 13 years, he has helped thousands of organizations communicate with their website visitors, including many small businesses.
How can you effectively serve your customers? How can you wow them? How can you show them that you actually care? Real-time communication. Website live chat has evolved an incredible amount since its inception. In this episode, Olark CEO and Co-Founder, Ben Congleton, talks about building Olark and how they set themselves apart in such a competitive industry.
I ask Ben Congleton:
- [1:21] Would you say Olark was really early in the live chat space?
- [1:51] What did you do in your previous life that made you want to start a chatbot company?
- [3:27] What was startup life like in 2008?
- [5:16] What was the point where you started saying, “I think this will work”?
- [7:22] How has chat evolved from a consumer behavior perspective?
- [11:49] What is AI doing in the live chat space?
- [14:38] I’ve noticed that a lot of chat-related companies are really focused on driving people to SMS/text – where do you stand?
- [18:02] What role does a chat play for someone who may have visual or hearing impairments that may not make the traditional web navigable?
- [20:15] You’ve hinted at some of the things you’re working on – what’s coming down the pipeline on the roadmap?
- [23:09] Where can people connect with you?
More about Ben Congleton:
Take a Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.