Marketing Podcast with Carmine Gallo
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Carmine Gallo. Carmine Bestselling author of Talk Like TED and The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs. He is a Harvard instructor, CEO communication coach and keynote speaker known for transforming leaders. He is the author of a new book called The Bezos Blueprint: Communication Secrets of the World’s Greatest Salesman.
What fueled Amazon’s phenomenal growth? Effective, clear communication. Jeff Bezos turned a bold idea into the world’s most influential company, a brand that probably touches your life every day. As a student of leadership and communication, he has learned to improve the way Amazonians write, collaborate, innovate, pitch and present. He built a scalable model that grew from a small team in a garage in Seattle to one of the largest employers in the world. Carmine Gallo joins me in this episode to reveal the communication strategies that Jeff Bezos pioneered in growing Amazon. Bezos reimagined the way leaders write, speak, and inspire teams and customers. The communication tools Bezos created were so effective that former Amazonians who worked directly with Bezos adopted them as blueprints for starting their own companies. Now, these tools are available to you.
I ask Carmine Gallo:
- [1:57] Why did you choose Bezos to focus on in your book?
- [6:20] You start the book – “Simplicity is the new superpower.” Is this the basis of the book and can you break down this idea?
- [10:07] Would you say that this is a writing book?
- [12:08] You divide the book into three parts. The first part is discovering why strong writing skills are needed more than ever – can you unpack that idea?
- [17:12] The second part talks about story construction and story structure. How do you feel this book will bring structure to the conversation?
- [19:32] Part three is then about delivery. Can you talk through this idea and how to deliver it with impact?
- [23:18] Can you unpack the first day concept?
- [25:07] Where can people pick up a copy of your book and connect with you?
More about Carmine Gallo:
Take a Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.