The Marketing Podcast with Jane Harman
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jane Harman. Jane is A social media consultant, speaker and globally recognized Instagram expert. He is an international speaker providing tips, resources and training for organizations of all sizes needed to shape their social media strategies. He is the co-author of Instagram for Dummies 2.0 (2022) version.
Instagram is a powerful tool for companies of any size to connect with potential customers and promote their products. With over two billion people logging in every month, if you haven’t already jumped on the bandwagon, now is the time! In this episode, Jen Herman and I chat about current strategies that work on Instagram and guidelines you should keep in mind.
I ask Jane Herman:
- [1:21] Why did you feel like you needed a new edition of your book?
- [2:26] Do you ever get pushback from people that using the phrase “for dummies” doesn’t seem very professional?
- [3:15] Where does Instagram sit in the pantheon of social media hierarchy?
- [4:04] How do you compare TikTok and Instagram?
- [5:04] If you’re talking to someone who understands the basics of Instagram, how would you recommend they use this version of the book?
- [5:53] What post formats should you use on Instagram?
- [9:30] Why do people these days post stories rather than regular feed posts?
- [11:53] What’s the trick behind the long-form posts that seem to be happening on Instagram today?
- [13:49] How should we think about the different stages of the customer journey when it comes to social media?
- [15:59] What are some tools that people are using for social media?
- [17:40] Can you get penalized by algorithms for using an auto-scheduling tool?
- [18:34] Can you talk about the need to balance production value in shooting locally with a mobile phone versus using a really high-quality camera?
- [20:01] Do you really have to commit to a certain rhythm of posting or do you know you’ll lose people’s interest?
- [21:33] Where can people connect with you?
More about Jane Herman:
More about certification intensive training:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.