The Marketing Podcast with Mike Blumenthal
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Mike Blumenthal. Mike ICo-founder and analyst at Near Media where he researches and reports on reputation, reviews and local search Today, he provides local consulting to a range of small and large businesses across the SMB and SAAS marketplace. Mike Air.cam, an online professional photographic marketplace, is pivoting into the local marketing space and helping bring the power of photography to every business located in the US and Canada.
Google is emphasizing images more and more in search. AI and machine learning are helping Google’s incredible understanding of what’s in an image In this episode, I talk with Mike Blumenthal about the technology behind visual elements in search, the role images play in search, and how and why you should use images in search to your advantage.
Questions I ask Mike Blumenthal:
- [1:51] What is the growing importance of images in search?
- [3:21] Are you suggesting that images are also important for things that aren’t as clearly defined as products?
- [4:45] What can search engines know about images now and how has it changed?
- [6:19] What do you say to a business owner who doesn’t like competing products showing up in Google search?
- [7:55] Would you say that the visual elements of a typical blog post today are sending information to Google that adds to the search factor and gives specific ranking signals?
- [11:33] Is there a relationship between visual search and voice and text?
- [12:40] What is the role of AI in all this?
- [14:21] Are you suggesting that someone can take three images that they’re thinking of using for something and use a tool that says it’s actually the best image from a Google understanding or optimization perspective?
- [16:52] Where is augmented reality with pictures?
- [22:32] Where can people connect with you?
More about Mike Blumenthal:
Take a Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This Duct Tape Marketing Podcast episode is brought to you by HubSpot Podcast Network and SEMRush.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals is the best education and inspiration for business growth.
Everyone is online, but are they finding your website? Get the online spotlight and attention of your customers with Semrush. From content and SEO to advertising and social media, Semrush is your one stop shop for online marketing. Create, manage and measure campaigns — across all channels — quickly and easily Are you ready to take your business to the next level? see you Get Semrush. Visit semrush.com/go to try it free for 7 days.
7 Steps to Scaling Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me grow my business 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND