Marketing Podcast with Jenny Weigel
In this episode of Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jenny Weigel. Jenny Has been creating, editing and reviewing strategies for the online community for over 10 years He has worked with more than 100 brands on various aspects of their community strategy and implementation, including launch, migration, programming and planning.
The community is one of those big buzzwords right now. So what is even community? Does your business need to have one? And what is the benefit of building a community even in the first place? Jenny Weigel has worked with more than 100 brands on their community strategy and implementation. In this episode, he breaks down the importance of creating an online community of fans and customers for your business and why it’s so important today to create the best way to go about it.
I ask Jenny Weigel:
- [1:19] How would you define a community and how it differs from my Facebook business profile or page?
- [2:50] Do people who join a community want to engage with more members, or is it really because of technology?
- [3:59] Who needs to think about community – B2B brand or B2C brand?
- [5:58] Does the way the community is used change based on a small or enterprise-sized brand?
- [7:02] Some platform for a community that works well for small businesses?
- [8:51] Do you have any standard advice on how brands should engage in the community they are building?
- [10:42] What are the benefits of a B2B company growing a community?
- [12:41] Are there upsell opportunities in the community?
- [13:20] What are the risks of having a community?
- [14:13] How do you communicate with someone in a group or community who gives them an honest opinion that doesn’t flatter your product so much?
- [15:00] Should you be curating members for a community?
- [16:13] What do you see people doing effectively to keep people in a community active through rewards?
- [19:02] What are some of your favorite communities that you think are doing it right?
- [20:25] Where can people learn more about you and your work?
More about Jenny Weigel:
Take Marketing Evaluation:
Like this show? Click over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of Duct Tape Marketing Podcast brings you the Hubspot Podcast Network.
Hubspot Podcast Network Audio destination for business professionals who are looking for the best education and inspiration for growing a business.
7 steps to scale your advice practice without adding overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me improve my business 40% in last 12 months. Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND