Marketing Podcast with Daniel Pink
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Daniel Pink. Daniel He is the author of five New York Times bestsellers, including his latest, The Power of Regret: How Looking Backward Moves Us Forward, published in February. His other books include the New York Times bestsellers When and A Whole New Mind — as well as the #1 New York Times bestseller Drive and to Sell is Human. Dan’s books have won multiple awards, been translated into 42 languages, and sold millions of copies worldwide. He lives in Washington DC with his family.
Everyone has regrets – it’s human. Understanding how regret works can help us make smarter decisions, perform better at work and school, and bring more meaning into our lives. In this episode, 5-time NYT bestselling author, Daniel Pink, joins me to talk about the power of regret and how looking back can move us forward in life. Daniel debunks the myth of the “no regrets” philosophy of life through his research in social psychology, neuroscience, and biology.
I ask Daniel Pink:
- [2:37] How does one really conduct research on regret?
- [3:44] What was the difference between world products and American products?
- [4:53] There are posters and tattoos all over the world that say no regrets, so how is that a positive thing?
- [6:49] Are you saying that people make mistakes and learn from them?
- [7:42] How did you land on this particular topic?
- [11:44] Can you define what regret is and how it differs from depression and guilt?
- [16:51] Can you regret our four categories: Foundations, Bravery, Ethics and Connections?
- [19:35] Do demographic data show that older people have different regrets or greater regrets than younger people?
- [22:41] How does the research you have done relate to or relate to mental health?
- [25:49] Where can people learn more about you, your books and your work?
More about Daniel Pink:
Take a Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and Zapier.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.
Have you ever wished there was some way for all the apps you use at work to talk to each other? Or dream of automating routine tasks like following up on marketing leads or cross-posting on social channels without hiring a developer to build something for you? Then you’ll love Zapier. Zapier helps marketers make the most of the technology you already use. Connect all your applications, automate routine tasks, and streamline your workflow — so you can convert more with less chaos. See for yourself why teams at Airtable, Dropbox, HubSpot, Zendesk and thousands of others use Zapier every day to automate their business. Try Zapier for free today at zapier.com/DTM.
7 Steps to Scaling Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me grow my business 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND