Marketing podcast with Cameron Harold
In this episode of Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I’m interviewing Cameron Harold. Cameron T.He is the founder of the COO Alliance, the world’s leading network for second-in-command. He hosts Second in Command: The Chief Behind the Chief Podcast, where he interviews the COO and other seconds to share his insights with his audience. He also tHe is the author of 5 books, a top-rated international speaker and has spoken on 7 continents.
The Chief Operating Officer is the CEO’s second command – the person who should run the business. In this episode, the founder of the COO Alliance, Cameron Herald, talks about exactly what a COO’s role looks like, how that role shifts and changes from organization to organization, and how having a COO can accelerate your organization’s growth.
The questions I ask Cameron Harold:
- [2:27] Are there any things that really stuck with you in the first days of the operation?
- [3:38] How would you define a job title COO?
- [5:02] How do COOs or second-in-command direct themselves to larger companies?
- [6:55] How would you describe second-in-command in a smaller, more clever organization that doesn’t have that huge C-suite?
- [8:20] Need to think about a company that decides they need a COO?
- [10:56] Have you ever faced a situation where people have come to you with the idea that they have outsourced their CEO?
- [12:07] Is it possible to flatten a COO that they think they have grown?
- [13:34] Is it just a matter of finding someone else who was in that role before or is it a completely different skill or personality?
- [14:38] How much work instruction, structure, creation or culture?
- [15:35] For someone looking for a COO role or looking to replace someone, do you find that some common mistakes are cropped?
- [17:01] Are you saying that a CEO should look for someone who has a CEO weakness?
- [18:06] Tell me a little bit about the COO Alliance and what anyone would expect if they came to see it.
- [19:12] Do you think that you are giving some modern look to the role of COO in general?
- [20:11] Tell us a little about the ways in which people can engage with your organization
- [21:18] Where can people learn more?
More about Cameron Harold:
Take Marketing Evaluation:
Do you like this show? Click over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the Hubspot Podcast Network.
Hubspot Podcast Network Audio destination for business professionals who are looking for the best education and inspiration for growing a business.
7 steps to scale your advice practice without adding overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me improve my business 40% in last 12 months Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND