The Marketing Podcast with James Ellis
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview James Ellis. James. James is the principal of Employer Brand Labs in Chicago and a born employer branding nerd whose mission is to create one million employer brand thinkers. He is an author, keynote speaker, practitioner and podcaster with nearly a decade of experience across multiple industries.
No matter the size of your company, you can use an employer brand to your advantage. With this, you will not only be seen as a preferred destination for great talent but also achieve serious business results – such as reduced recruitment costs and shortened search times! In this episode, James Ellis shares his insights into what it means to be an employer brand and how to get the most out of yours.
I ask James Ellis:
- [1:20] What is employer branding and why is it important?
- [2:29] If you want a primary marketing message that says you have a great team and how great people love working there, isn’t that a bad attraction message for customers?
- [4:46] How should one begin thinking about creating and communicating a positive employer brand?
- [7:38] Culture and employer branding are similar in many ways – would you say it’s just an external way of communication?
- [11:46] How do you measure employer branding and what is the ROI?
- [13:39] Should employer branding be in the marketing department? And how are companies wrestling with wedding marketing, recruitment and overall branding?
- [15:50] There are plenty of studies out there that show people will take a lot less money to work in a place that focuses on generating a great ROI – would you ever use that kind of logic to get ROI and its practical nature?
- [18:50] I tell people all the time that you have to have a narrow focus on who an ideal client is, and that means you have to tell some people that they’re not an ideal client. Would you suggest to some degree that the same concept applies as a company?
- [21:06] What has virtual remote work from home done to make this dynamic?
- [23:19] Where can more people connect with you and learn more about your work?
More about James Ellis:
Learn more about Agency Intensive Certification:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.