The Marketing Podcast with Dan Frank
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Dan Franks. Dan is the co-founder and president of Podcast Movement, the world’s largest conference and trade show for the podcast industry. He is a CPA and was previously the Business Manager and Director of Live Events for Midrol Media.
It seems everyone has a podcast today. You might be thinking it’s too late to start yours – short answer? no It’s not too late. The market may be more crowded than ever, but people are still listening to podcasts at an increasing rate. Podcasts are an amazing marketing tool that gives you a way to build a community and gives you a platform to advertise your products and services. In this episode, Dan Franks shares why podcasting isn’t dead and tips for starting your own
I ask Dan Franks:
- [1:11] Can you give me a little bit of history behind the podcast movement?
- [1:55] What does the podcast movement look like today?
- [3:26] What was your background and how did you get into podcasting?
- [5:12] If you were talking to someone who was thinking about starting a podcast, would you tell them it’s too late?
- [11:31] What have you seen people do to make podcast guests as effective as podcast hosting?
- [13:03] Have you seen any real outside uses for being a guest on a podcast?
- [14:32] Companies are coming up with different uses for podcasts today – what kind of trends are you seeing along these lines?
- [15:56] If I launch my show, how can I get more audience?
- [18:44] What’s the best starter setup for someone who wants to get into podcasting?
- [20:54] What is your current podcast setup?
- [22:52] Where can people find out about your work?
More about Dan Franks:
More about certification intensive training:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.