The Marketing Podcast with Matt Higgins
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Matt Higgins. Matt is a self-made entrepreneur who went from poverty to the top of five industries and now stars as a guest shark on ABC’s hit series Shark Tank. He will also soon star in a new spinoff Business Hunters produced by Mark Barnett. Matt is the author of Burn the Boat: Toss the Plan Be Overboard and Unleash Your Full Potential.
Ready to take your dream from pipe dream to reality? Matt Higgins explains how the age-old technique of “burning the boat” can help you get there. It’s not just for war! Throughout his journey, he’s absorbed the stories of world leaders and inspirational figures that have enabled him to put together a template – one that’s available to anyone who works hard enough, and he shares it with us in this episode.
Questions I ask Matt Higgins:
- [1:21] If someone asked you how you got here, what was the five-minute version of your entrepreneurial journey?
- [5:34] What is the story behind the “burn the boat” metaphor?
- [11:47] Do you think people come to the conclusion that they burn the boat in hindsight? Does luck sometimes play?
- [14:30] Would you say that an element of things becomes easier, less scary, and more clear after practicing the art of fully committing to things?
- [19:10] Tell us a little about the spinoff business Hunters.
- [21:59] What great resources come with the book and where can people pick up a copy?
More about Matt Higgins:
Learn more about Agency Intensive Certification:
Like this show? Click over and leave us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network The audio destination for business professionals looking for the best education and inspiration on growing a business.